The Department of Administration and Supplies provides daily/routine assistance to the Chief Executive in the administration of the Commission particularly in ensuring that matters affecting the Organization and staff are handled and processed in accordance with the provisions of the Public Service Rules, Establishment and External Circulars, and the Commission’s Staff Conditions of Service. The Department carries out general administrative duties bothering on the control and coordination of personnel and equipment. Being a service support department, all its functions are geared towards assisting other Departments towards effective implementation of the UBE Programme.
The Department has five (5) units, namely:
- Training, Board and Management
- Maintenance and Services
- Stores and Supplies
The functions of the Department centers mainly on the efficient and effective management of both human and material resources of the Commission. These include:
- Assisting the Executive Secretary in the daily/routine administration of the Universal Basic Education Commission;
- Advising Management on general administration, establishment and personnel matters;
- Providing secretariat services to the Governing Board and its Committees as well as the UBEC Management Committee;
- Implementing UBEC Board and Management decisions;
- Handling Senior and Junior Staff Matters (Appointments, Promotions and Discipline);
- Processing applications for Secondment, Transfers, Upgrading, Conversions of staff, Regularization and Merger of Service, requests for Seminars, Conferences and workshops for both local and international, etc.
- General maintenance of Commission’s equipment, furniture and provisions of other related utility services for better service delivery.
- Coordination of the activities of Staff Welfare such as, National Housing Fund, Code of Conduct Bureau, National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), etc.;
- Regulating Staff Training & Development using the Commission’s Training Policy, Public Service Rules (PSR), Extant circulars etc.;
- Preparing the Commission’s nominal roll and departmental/unit staff list and reviewing same on regular basis;
- Compiling annual increments and issuing salary variation advice in conformity with Government regulations;
- Ensuring documentation of newly employed staff and organizing induction/orientation courses for them;
- Issuing annual, maternity, casual and study leave advice to deserving staff and processing their resumption of duty certificate;
- Providing and coordinating security for UBEC Assets;
- Purchases on behalf of the Commission in line with requests from Departments and issuing of Job Orders and Local
Purchase Orders (LPOs) as well as auctioning of unserviceable furniture and equipment in the Commission.