The ProcurementUnit is a Service Unit in the Office of the Executive Secretary. The Unit has staff who undertakes various assignments of the different sections.
The Head of Procurement is assisted by three other Procurement Officers who undertake activities relating to Goods, Works and Services. The Unit has five Procurement Officers with 1 Ad-hoc Procurement Officer from BPP who report directly to the Head of Procurement Unit.
The ProcurementUnit’s primary functions and responsibilities are to conduct the process for procurement of goods, works and services. The activities in the process are as listed below.
- Preparing needs analysis.
- Preparing procurement plans.
- Advertising/solicit for tenders or proposals.
- Conduct market surveys.
- Evaluate proposals.
- Recommend awards to Tenders Board.
- Monitor procurement performance.
- Advise the Executive Secretary on issues of procurement.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Executive Secretary or the Tenders Board.