The Special Projects unit is under the Office of the Executive Secretary. It is the main entry point and clearing house of all International Development Partners and Donor Agencies in the basic education programmes.
The mission of the units is to be a key facilitator in the delivery of basic education in Nigeria through collaborations with International and National Development Partners.
Structure of the Unit
The unit is headed by a Deputy Director/Coordinator, Special Projects who works under and reports directly to the Executive Secretary. He however, works closely with the Heads of Departments and their relevant technical officers in performing the functions of the unit. He is assisted by two Project Officers and an Assistant Chief Confidential Secretary.
Functions of the Unit
The main functions of the unit are:-
- Coordinating the implementation of the UBE activities in collaboration with multi and bi-lateral agencies, and
- LIaising with Donor Agencies, Non-governmental Organizations and other Development Partners on support for basic education in Nigeria. These are in keeping with the provision of UBE Act, 2004, part II, section (j) and (r)
Other functions of the Unit include:
- To coordinate the implementation of all Development Partners’ support activities in the improvement of basic education in Nigeria.
- To coordinate and provide support to technical officers at both UBEC and SUBEBs to facilitate the achievement of projects targets.
- To initiate new projects or support areas for collaboration with International Development Partners.
- To arrange, coordinate and facilitate High Level Donor Coordination meeting in the area of basic education.